Wednesday, November 16, 2005

bloated man





These were my designs for the bloated man ! A man who had died on the beach at Brighton after going for a quick dip and got caught by the tide and was washed up weeks later and found by a bunch of chavs who poked his bloated body with sticks !
He was a character from the Corpse Bride film that never featured , unfortunately . I think the budget for new puppets had run out and so was never made . It was a shame really because he would have been an interesting character and a bit different from the usual zombie/skeleton type . He was going to have water squirting out of him every time he moved . i think the animation dept saw it as a lot of work ......they were probably right !!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I like him and yeah he would have been different and interesting to watch:)

Elliot Cowan said...

Ha - that bottom one covered in barnacles is my favorite.
Gold mate, gold.

MikeS said...

These cracked me up pretty good when I saw them! I agree with Elliot, that bottom one is fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

Kactiguy said...

These are awesome. You almost don't want to look, but you just can't help yourself.

yoborob said...

the bottom one was my choice too . made me laugh drawing them !

Metin Seven said...

Yeah, I like the bottom one best too. He's the most whimsical of 'em all.

Great character designs. I'm going to visit Corpse Bride a.s.a.p. and will brag about you to my wife and friends. :)

alberto mielgo said...

AHAHA!
Ey man, they are great!
you are mad.

Uli Meyer said...

Bottom one!

Matthew Cruickshank said...

All of them! What a great idea for a character, and so well visualised.

Chris D'Santos said...

dino thanks for your comments re my pix,am glad to see that your blog is coming together. I havn't got your e-mail address but will see you soon. Keep up the good work, it's great that we can all share each other's passion to express

Unknown said...

Bloody great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the doodlers said...

squishy! bottom one!

Matt Jones said...

These are SO fucking cool man. What a shame the more interesting characters didn't make it into the film.

Boris Hiestand said...

they're all great- a bit sick but funny as hell at the same time. fantastic!

Unknown said...

VEry wicked content!! But sooo gooood ... love your illustration style!! GREAT works!!

jasonbob said...

yeezy shoes
hogan outlet online
kobe shoes
nike air max 2017
lebron 16
fitflop sale
kd 12
balenciaga
louboutin outlet
red bottom shoes
xiaofang20191224