Tuesday, November 08, 2005

More Tarzan 2 design work

A variety of stuff here . All drawn in pencil and then accented using Photoshop . I like organic shapes . My friend and fellow artist, Richard Dolan once said to me that when he draws trees he thinks of them as bits of human anatomy such as the muscles of the arm . I always have that in my mind when thinking about natural shapes . So thanks for that Rich .( I am certain he won't remember ever saying that to me - He's a vegetarian and can barely remember what he had for lunch let alone something he told me over a decade ago !)


9 comments:

Uli Meyer said...

Dean, these are absolutely superb. Fantastic character moments beautifully drawn. Very inspiring stuff.

MikeS said...

Wonderfully beautiful designs, Dean! Very nice movement in your sketches! I especially like the pursuit sketch in the previous post and the mudpots sketch in this one! Thanks for sharing them!

yoborob said...

thanks . hey smook -what are you boarding on right now?

the doodlers said...

Hi Dean,

Terrific drawings! These have a very 19th century feel... beauties!

Mark McDonnell said...

WONDERFUL. There is a great playfulness in your work and concepts. Great stuff.

MAC

Mónica Calvo said...

Such a pleasure to see your work :)

Metin Seven said...

Definitely a delight to frequently check out your work, Dean. My favourite is the one with the ape hanging out of the tree. Great picture!

Cheers,

Metin
StudioSeven.nl

Unknown said...

WOW !! Amazing works! Love your postings!! Always enjoy seeing conceptual design and pre-pro art works!! GREAT stuffs!

MikeS said...

Sorry for the late response. I'm boarding for a TV series in Toronto.